Re: [j-nsp] voting for enhancements ? was -- RE: Ping VRRP virtua l IP address

From: Kevin Oberman (oberman@es.net)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 15:54:45 EDT

Thanks to Mark Russell of Juniper who contacted me to let me know that
there is a bypass-routing option to ping which will allow pinging to a
loopback on an serial or ATM interface. So I guess Juniper is able to
do what I want and still not violate the RFC. :-)

Sorry for the incorrect information. But several Juniper folks have
told me that I could not ping an interface to a loopback. Fortunately,
Mark knew better.

ping interface <name> <ip-addr> bypass-routing

Thanks, Mark!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman@es.net Phone: +1 510 486-8634