[a-nsp] Arista questions

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 8 03:48:08 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 06:13:36AM +0200, Robert Hass wrote:
> I've got 2 full DFZ feeds from my other routers.
> Config - basic - just 2 BGP session and proper rules to not re-announce
> between both eBGP neighbors.
> After "clear ip bgp neighbor *" full convergence FIB+RIB is above 3 minutes.

So if you say "Cisco an JNPR is much faster here", which platforms did
you test over there, and what times did you measure?

I found Cisco ASR9k to be amazingly fast (like "sub 1 minute for loading
and installing a full table") and JNPR to be quite on the slow side, but
that was with old REs and old JunOS versions...

gert