[a-nsp] welcome

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Sun Sep 2 17:59:36 EDT 2018

On 2018-09-02 20:05, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 02:15:59PM +0200, Fredrik Korsbäck wrote:
>> We use the Jericho/Jericho+ based boxes as BGP edge-routers for aggregation of peering-links against big cloudproviders
>> with the Flexroute-license.
>>
>> So far so good and i think we were among the first to use the Jerichos and Qumrans in the wild in the DFZ.
>>
>> We are not using telemetry but pretty much all the other features.
>
> Are you using these at public peering points, or only private peering?
>
> One of my pet peeves with Cisco has always been "MAC accounting" and/or
> "MAC addresses in netflow" - read "who of these 600 other ISPs at
> DECIX is sending me the 5 Gbit of spoofed IP source traffic right now?".
>
> Can these boxes do that?  Does it work?
>
> gert

We use them typically to aggregate privat peerings. But an IXP here and there  is connected aswell.

They do sflow very well naturally and to the best of my knowledge they do ingress sflow sampling with mac accounting. I
use Kentik in the back to collect flow and it does most of the stuff magically for us, it also has BGP peers with all
devices and is aware of local nexthops and learnt routes and such.

I can bring up any of my IXPs terminated into Aristas and do a cross-examination on exactly how much traffic and what i
get from each specific member of the fabric so i havent paid much attention exactly what goes on behind the curtain there.

CoPP is a clusterfuck however, but is getting and better as times goes along and they figure out over there on how to do
it.

we use typically 7280SR-48C6 and 7280QR-C36

--
hugge