King Kong = WRR-2

Gary Pewitt gpewitt at EXECPC.COM
Sat Dec 6 18:39:32 EST 1997

Well I finally graduated to the -big- guns.  I traded my spare R-390A
for a WRR-2.  All 348 lbs of it.  And it actually came with a manual
and -cables-.  I've reinforced the floor, had  the power company run
a special line to my condo, filed the environmental impact report, and
sold my furnace.  With 64 tubes I won't need any more heat.  If I was
married I'd be getting plenty of heat as it's going in the dining room.
Perusing the manual I discovered that the only difference between the
WRR-2 and the FRR-59 is the mounting.  The 59 is a standard rack mount
and the -2 has a special table top mounting with it's own rack.  That's
all the difference.  I was working on getting a 59 too. Probably a good
thing I didn't.
Anyone got the MT-2293 mounting cradle?  I have the side braces but there
is a cradle that the whole thing slides into and which is bolted to the
table.  Base sub assembly W472-55A1, left gusset R15020-2, and right gusset
R15020-1.  I might be able to make up some mounting "ears" and put the
whole thing into my rack like an R1051.

Anyone got any info, advice, war stories, warnings, cautions, or
prognostications?  Any receiver that weighs more than a Globe King 500
transmitter has got to something special.
OH yeah, does anyone know anything about the USS Springfield?  Thats
stenciled on the top of the lower unit.  Was it a cruiser?
Thanks in advance for any input.  73  Gary

Name: Gary Pewitt N9ZSV/KT
      6120 W. Calumet Rd. Apt 204
      Milwaukee, WI  53223
      414 355 8147 Home 414 297 4307 Work