Johnson Navigator Questions

Freeberg, Scott (STP) scott.freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Mon Nov 23 11:46:52 EST 1998

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying to my questions post.  Ok, let me see if I have it
straight.  With the meter switch in the grid position, start tuning the
exciter for a small increase, then switch the meter to plate and make sure
the dipped plate is staying below 150 ma or less.  Switch back the meter to
grid and continue increasing exciter, again switching back to the plate
position and making sure the dipped plate is 150 ma or less.

When I tune for max grid current with the meter in the grid position,  the
meter slams again the right side of the meter, so your procedure makes
sense.    Its a little different from the Valiant where I peak the exciter
in the grid position and then switch to plate and dip the plate BUT, do not
plate current by adjusting the loading controls.

Yes, your advice about slow tuning makes good sense.  Replacement
transformers are hard to find!  Thanks for your advice.

73,

Scott WA9WFA in Saint Paul Minn

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov