Crisis

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Tue Jun 1 20:27:44 EDT 1999

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Jim Strohm wrote:

> I got the SPAM that is attached below:
>
> My contribution is -- Mr. Commie Soviet SPAMmer, will not subject you to
> the full wrath of internet enforcement available to me from NANAE and other
> resources.  I have deleted your stupid email, and I urge you to seek useful
> employment in an agricultural endeavor such as manure gathering or harvesting
> DNA specimens from breeding hogs.
>
> If others on the Boatanchors reflector have received copies of this or
> other similar scams, your best action is to ignore and delete them.

        Better yet, send it to an appropriate anti-spam address at your
ISP.  On Global Frontier (aka Primenet), after 10 complaints the sending
address is blocked.  AOL and USA.NET both have such addresses.  If you're
not certain, just send the offending email, along with a header explaining
why you're sending it to:

        webmaster@(YOUR ISP)
        postmaster@(YOUR ISP)
        spam@(YOUR ISP)
        abuse@(YOUR ISP)

        You can also send the entire mess to the offending party's ISP
using the same address format(s).

     ,----------------------.       Circuit Design for the
    /    What's all this     \            RF Impaired
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'        Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                               Principal Engineer
 oo\                                 ATG Design Services
(__)\       _                          P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                  Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     Technical Editor,
     .       (  ) \                      QRP Quarterly
      '-| )__| :.  \                     QRP ARCI 9464
       c__; c__;  '-..'>.__      Email:  ctrask at primenet.com
                               http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                    Graphics by Loek Frederiks

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov