Majestic

JACK Iverson jackiv at JUNO.COM
Tue Jan 18 21:38:33 EST 2000

HI Kees, this radio is one of those that suffer from the dreaded cast
zinc problems.
turn the tuning capacitor and see if it is free or drags. If it is stuck
or drags you will find that the rotor or stator has grown due to the
"zinc" disease.  There is no method to repair. the radio has an external
power supply with a type 80 tube in it as well as a separate small
chassis for a plug in ballast tube.  have fun.  I have the riders that
covers this beast, if you wish I can copy it and send to you.
                         how is the capacitor stock holding up?

                                                                73
old jack