before the wtc..... there was boat anchor heaven

ed sharpe esharpe at USWEST.NET
Sat Sep 15 10:10:36 EDT 2001

I think the legendary Cortland street, a fabled place of boatanchors was torn down to build the WTC. this is  from a legends related to me by an old timer........

He said the street was filled  with shops filled with boatanchors..... I asked where is this place............ "grasshopper"  he said  "it was radio row... Cortland street..... I think  they tore it down to build the world trade center"

any further info of this?