Crystals needed?

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Sep 25 08:37:52 EDT 2001

Hi guys...

I have seen numerous e-mails over the past two years since CW Crystals
shut down, expressing interest in getting crystals for the ham bands.

I am considering getting set up to offer some crystals that would fit
FT243 sockets.
These would be in HC-6/U style holders but have the thicker pins as used
on FT243 rocks.

I am considering offering crystals for 160m and 80m (maybe 40m too)
fundamentals suitable for CW and AM frequencies in these bands. They will be newly
manufactured to the highest standards.
I am not sure that any other companies even offer crystals like this any
more.

The thought is to come up with a run of FT243-compatible crystals for
say,
1808, 1885, 1925, 1985, 3550, 3880, 3885, 7040, maybe even 7290, 7295
 for examples....

They will likely not be as cheap as surplus crystals. I am wondering if
anyone would be interested in such crystals? If I can gauge enough interest, I will try
to see what sort of deal / price could be offered to the AM / BA / GB community.

Obviously it's better if someone gets a group of 5 or 10 at a time, as
most of us did a while back from CW Crystals.

Let me know if you would be interested in such a project please.
Specify what quantities and frequencies. If there is sufficient interest,
I will let you all know what I can come up with. It might take several weeks or even
months to pull this off.

Brian, AF4K