RME Converter

Glen E. Zook gzook at HOME.COM
Thu Sep 27 13:35:12 EDT 2001

I recently obtained an RME converter which appears to be for mobile
operation (probably converts amateur bands to the BC band).  It covers
80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters.  The case size is 4.75 inches wide, by
5.25 inches high, by 5.75 inches deeps.  The frequency control knob is
on the right-hand side.  There are three knobs on the front:  "Out -
In"; Bandswitch; "Stby - On - ANL".  The dial is of the "airplane" type
with the scales for 80, 40, and 20 on the top and 15 and 10 on the
bottom.

Unfortunately, there is no model number stamped on the serial tag!
There is a serial number (IP82) that is stamped into the tag.  But,
nothing has ever been put on the model number side!

The rear connections are two shielded leads, one with an RCA phono jack
labeled "in" and the other with an RCA phono plug labeled "out".  There
are two Motorola style "automobile antenna" jacks labeled "B" and "H", a
very old coax cable that is unlabeled, a power cord with four wires
(red, black, blue, white), and a three terminal solder strip.  All of
these appear to be original.

I have been looking through my various magazines from the late 1940s and
into the 1950s for an advertisement, review, or other information on
this box.  So far (although I have not completely gone through all of my
magazines) I cannot find any information on this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Glen, K9STH