Temperature compensating capacitors

john w. king jbkking at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Nov 29 22:30:59 EST 2002

I am looking for a source for tubular temperature compensating capacitors to
rebuild boatanchor VFOs. For example, my Valiant and my Ranger take the
following:

62 mmf. NPO tubular ceramic,
140 mmf  NPO tubular ceramic,
47 mmf.N150 temperature coefficient, tubular ceramic,
91 mmf. N080 temperature coefficient, tubular ceramic,
43 mmf. NPO tubular ceramic,

I know Mouser and RF Parts handle Silvered Mica caps but I see no reference
to the NPO, N080 and N150 caps. If anyone knows a supplier of the such
capacitors, please direct me to the source. Your assistance will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW