Cheyenne MT-1 High Jinx

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 21 14:38:03 EST 2003

Remember, all of the older "boat anchor" equipment you
had to throw the plate switch to work CW!  The
Cheyenne was built in this era.  Thus, it is nothing
out of the ordinary.  There is not a single "boat
anchor" that I can think of that automatically puts
the transmitter in the transmit position when you go
to CW.

The Heath SB-401 does work off the VOX when you key
the transmitter.  However, it does not go to transmit
when you put it in the CW position.

In fact, I don't know of any "modern" transmitter or
transceiver that automatically goes to transmit when
you put it in the CW position.  You either have to
activate the push to talk or key it by a straight key,
keyer, etc.

Glen, K9STH

--- Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

Just wondered why they didn't make it so that the
relay pulls in when you switch to CW!other.

Just a very illogical design. However, we have to keep
in mind that the primary  application for this rig was
mobile AM phone!

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites