ALERT: AM Under Attack - WA3VJB

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Jun 20 11:35:59 EDT 2003

A bit of topic drift occurring there...

Minimal? You think requiring every AM station to reduce their signal to 5.8 kHz
width is minimal requirement? It could be a step toward requiring AM DSB to
occupy, say 4 kHz and sound like a telephone, or worse yet sound like an SSB
signal (grin!)

HOW will you accomplish 5.8 kHz technically?

I was not focussing on the proposed limitations for SSB - that would not bother me
at all.

Doc missed the poinmt entirely of what I was trying to say and did not read the
"fine print" between the asterisks.

If you want to discuss the hi-fi ssb that is a different topic trghat does not interest
me, except as Gary WD4NKA so apltly stated, as source of COMEDY!!

Have a great day - back to boatanchoring here...