[Boatanchors] Re: GB> Crystal "drive level" question

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Nov 26 13:10:41 EST 2003

Thanks guys,

What I am really after is using HC49/U and little HC49/US crystals
in boatanchor rigs in the place of FT243... BUT I got several
answers from guys who are already doing this with great success
in a variety of transmitters, so I think I should do OK with
them.  The idea is to open up the FT243 case and solder
in the small crystal!

Again, many thanks to you both for your helpful comments!

Bry, AF4K / G3XLQ