maybe baxter is on the right path was: ARRL Ruins the AM, CW and DIGITAL bands.

peter A markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Tue Nov 2 20:19:15 EST 2004

Who would put together this alternative organization to replace the ARRL
and how would they be funded to do the things the ARRL does currently or
has done in the past? How many to hold back renewal ( 50, 100, 1000
members).  Less revenue coming in most likely would result in the ARRL
being less able to effectively support the Amateur Radio Service issues
that beat constantly at our door.

Pete, wa2cwa