El Instruments Digi Designer

Lewis c Emerson lemerson at JUNO.COM
Wed Oct 25 14:10:43 EDT 2006

Guys,

As some of you know, I'm having to get out of the ham business because of
advancing age.  My oldest son told me, "Dad, if there's any of that old
stuff around and I am the one to clean out the house, I'll get a dump
truck up to the back door and haul it to the city dump".  Now, he was
overstating things, I'm sure, but you get the idea.

I've been trying to break into the E-Bay game, but I've read, here, and
in other places, about problems there so I'm going s l o w as a
cautionary measure.  Today, they are having a low-fee insertion special
and I'm thinking of putting up a few more small things.  I am reluctant
to put big items up there - yet.

Does anyone have any idea at all what the small Digi Designer from EL
Instruments might be worth?  This is a really neat gadget for bread
boarding digital circuits, teaching about Boolean algebra, digital
devices, number systems, digital gates like the AND, NAND, OR, NOR,
counters, and the like.  It has the logic power supply, the logic
switches, variable speed pulser, LED indicators, logic switches, plus the
bread boarding plate that accepts DIP 8, 14, 16 pin ICs, connected up via
patch cords - or bare #22 gauge solid wire, etc.

Again, there may be a better to post queries like this, but this is about
the only place that i know about where one can post ham/electronic
questions and get straightforward answers.

Many tnx again for such kind help.

Doc, W4ITJ