RBS-2 receiver, Type CCT-46217-A

Ed Tanton n4xy at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Aug 22 00:26:20 EDT 2007

Hi Ed,

My first receiver was a surplus RBS-2, quite similar to yours.
Unfortunately, you appear to be missing the separate Power Supply unit,
which also handles what was excellent output (I THINK it was a pair of 6V6s
or 6K6s.) I have not seen a lot of RBS-2 units (yours is the 2nd since the
late 20th century) so I have to say the prospect of your finding the
PS/Audio unit are probably slim-and-none.  And good as your talents are, I
would consider building your own PS to be quite challenging. Sorry to be the
bearer of such bad news.

73  Ed Tanton N4XY <n4xy at earthlink.net>

Ed Tanton N4XY
189 Pioneer Trail
Marietta, GA 30068-3466

website: http://www.n4xy.com

All emails <IN> & <OUT> checked by
Norton AntiVirus with AutoProtect

LM: ARRL QCWA AMSAT & INDEXA;
SEDXC NCDXA GACW QRP-ARCI
OK-QRP   K2 (Field Tester) #00057
QRP-L #165

"Right is right, even if everyone is
against it; and wrong is wrong, even
if everyone is for it."

William Penn

///snip

To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: RBS-2 receiver, Type CCT-46217-A

Hi all;

  I just purchased a WWII reciever on EBay and am going to need a manual.
Anyone have one for a RBS, RBS-1, or RBS-2? Thanks!

  It also appears from the EBay picture (Item #260148864302) that it has an
8 pin connector as opposed to a common 9 pin. Anyone have a female 8 pin
around or know where I can get one? Thanks all!
  Ed in Aurora, IL (630) 892-8870
///snip