Smallest Dual-6146 HF Transmitter?

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Wed Aug 22 21:56:11 EDT 2007

I am looking for a compact dual-6146 transmitter,
preferably 160-10M, or something with a dual-6146
final that I can modify.

It must either be designed to handle AM plate modulation
at 100W or have enough room in the final RF section for
me to modify it.

It must include a power supply suitable to the application.

No industrial size hernia-makers need apply, I need this
to be semi-portable.  (I guess that means an efficient
design on an aluminum chassis.  It's best if the PS is on
a separate chassis.)

Based on what I have learned these past few days it seems
best that I abandon my quest to plate modulate my Heathkit
HW-100.  Sigh.

I will bring my HW-100, & the HP-23b PS/SB-600 Speaker, and
SB-610 scope (the scope is not functioning, may be the crt)
to TARCfest in Tampa this Saturday - to sell or to swap for
what I need.

Sure appreciate all of the wise counsel - I learned a lot!

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html