HQ-170 part needed and cleaning advice needed.

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Mon Jan 1 18:35:53 EST 2007

Hello !

Based on my HQ-180, the transformer is a typical single-ended audio output
transformer -- nothing special --

Primary single ended to match the output tube -- secondaries 500 ohms for
line output and 3.2 ohms to operate the headphone jack and the speaker.

I'm sure I can find one in my junkbox that'll do the plate to 3.2 ohms for
you, if you don't need the 500 ohm winding.

And I might even find one that has the 500 ohm winding as well.

Please let me know if you'd like me to send a transformer to you -- it'll be
gratis (Happy New Year!) -- it'll not be physically identical, but it'll be
similar.

Also -- a now silent key friend of mine used to bath old radios in Ivory
Flakes -- not a detergent, but mild Ivory flakes.

Then he would dry the radio in the summertime New Mexico sun for a week or
so.

Yes, he would remove paper dial labels and similar before immersing the
radio.

He said he never had a problem.

I don't know that I'd go as far as he did, but to my knowledge he was 100%
straightforward !!

73 and good luck !!

Mike/
K5MGR