Johnson maroon paint

GARY ELLIOT k7ox at MSN.COM
Mon Mar 19 17:19:16 EDT 2007

Be careful with any of these computer matched paint from Sears, Home Depot, SW etc.  When I wanted to match the paint for a Viking I which is different then the normal Johnson paint on the Viking II and onward the paint that they mixed was not even close after it dried.  I ended up going to a custom auto paint place that took the time to get a perfect match with a acrylic and the cabinet came out perfect and then I was able to lightly over spray the 122 VFO.  There is a difference in the early 122 VFO's that were first introduced with the Viking I and the latter 122 VFO's that were produced after the Viking II came along.

73 Gary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Glen Zook<mailto:gzook at YAHOO.COM>
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 20:26
  Subject: Johnson maroon paint

  I had a need for some oil based Johnson maroon paint
  and got it "computer matched" at Sherwin-Williams
  yesterday.  The following formula is for 1 QUART:

              oz    32    64    128
  B1 Black     -    22     -      -
  R3 Magenta   -     6     -      -
  R4 New Red   -     8     -      -

  This uses Ultra deep base.

  Now I normally use acryllic paint for cabinets and
  haven't gotten any paint in acryllic.  However, I
  believe that the paint stores can use the formula for
  oil and convert it into acryllic.

  Glen, K9STH

  Website:  http://k9sth.com<http://k9sth.com/>

  http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097>

  To post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Archives - http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html<http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html>