Heathkit Apache TX-1

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Mon Sep 3 10:17:01 EDT 2007

Hence the old phrase .. "Stick it in your ear"??  HI HI

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill<mailto:kk4xi at YAHOO.COM>
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 5:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Heathkit Apache TX-1

  GM Michael,
  Back in the good ol daze, the best way to find where the tick noise is coming from is to use a insulated long hollow tube with one end stuck in your ear and the other is used like a stethoscope being place on the different spots where you think the tick is coming from. You might be surprised where it actually is located.
  (Works on other probs as well).
  73 es GLITC,
  Bill

  Michael Waldrop <w5rkl at YAHOO.COM<mailto:w5rkl at YAHOO.COM>> wrote: I am wondering if there is anyone who has experienced a modulation
  transformer failure in a Heathkit Apache TX-1? What symptoms did you
  experience prior to the transformer failing?

  My Apache, in transmit, has a noice that appears to be a very short arc
  that sounds like a "tick" noise that can be heard by standing in front of
  the transmitter. The sound appears to be loudest at the left front. The
  modulation transformer appears to be warmer than normal.

  To post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Archives - http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html<http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html>