AR-88 receiver on eBay is item number 380058470533

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 29 08:59:09 EDT 2008

Ron, I think Mike is doing or has done all he can at this point. Once
the claim is paid by the shipper or their insurance, the item because
their responsibility and property I'd guess, and their choice whether
or not to pursue it. Unfortunately, too many feel it's not worth it
financially to go after the 'small fish', in no small part due to the
myriad of legal loopholes and associated fees paid to lawyers. The
underlying message to so many criminals is 'as long as you don't reach
a certain threshold, your chances of being prosecuted are small'.

Even worse, many police depts seem to be on the same page. Call about
a disturbance or problem and they have their excuse already rehearsed
before they get out of the car as to why they can't do anything about
it. They blame budget cuts and also lawyers, saying 'the State's
attorney won't bother with it'. If it's not a big fish that can bring
them some media attention, it's not worth their while.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ