Vertical Radial Installation

K4MO k4mo at K4MO.COM
Tue Feb 5 23:54:30 EST 2008

Bruce,

I did it the lazy man's way. I cut the grass really close and put 60 radials
down. I "stapled" them in a few spots with bent up coat hanger wire. After
the grass grew up and I mowed it a couple of times they were no where to be
seen. They just got buried under grass clippings. I used #22 insulated wire.

Vertical rule ... when you put them in right that is!

73 - Theo K4MO

----- Original Message -----
From: "hudlerb1netzerocom" <hudlerb1 at NETZERO.COM>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:48 PM
Subject: Vertical Radial Installation

Hello BA listers,

I've just completely the install of my new HT 18 tower and now looking at
the radial installation part....saved that for last.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. I have done a lot of research,
and yes the more the better, but there is a limit of return.....

Also, if anyone could send me  the info from QST June 1985, pages 28 - 30, I
would greatly appreciate that too...it has an article about radial systems
suggested by the manufacturer.

TIA Bruce WA3MKC