Is there a "National AM Simplex Frequency on 2 Meters?

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Tue Jan 1 19:51:00 EST 2008

Unless you are going mobile with those rigs do
you really need a "national" 2m AM simplex
frequency?

Why not just pick a couple of freqs and publicize
them to the Ham clubs in the area and send them to
QST to recommend for your area and announce them
on the local FM repeaters?

Once you get a core group meeting regularly on a 2M
AM Net in your area you should be able to grow the
level of interest.

Just a thought ...

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E