Help identifying Old Superior Electric Variac

Dennis Wade sacramento.cyclist at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 21 17:44:33 EST 2009

Good afternoon all,

       I've been moving around this old Superior Electric variac for
years, partly because I have no information on it.

       Could you guys/gals take a look at it here:

                    http://tinyurl.com/variac

          and tell me what you might know or reasonably assume about
it, in particular:

                    How to hook it up.

                    Possible current rating range.

                    Age.

          or whatever you might be able to share about it.  I've had
it for close to 20 years.

              Thanks!

                 Dennis

--