More Than I Can Chew?

Alan W. Fremmer AWFremmer at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 24 11:08:39 EST 2009

Fellow Collectors/Restorers,

Okay, I admit I'm a sucker for old homebrew equipment.  I usually  assure
myself that the rig I'm considering comes with some documentation or,  failing
that, that all the tube sockets are populated.  So I guess you  can see where
this is going.  Recently bought a 3 - tube CW  transmitter without looking too
carefully at the photos.  When it arrived,  the PA tube was found to be
missing.  The other tubes are a 5Z4 and a  6C5.  The transmitter looks to be in
otherwise good condition and the  original builder did a creditable job bending
aluminum and doing the  wiring.  The rig has one hand wound 4 - prong coil and it
came with a  crystal without any sort of markings but which I found to be
working on 80  meters.  Am I doomed to just clean it up and put it on display or
is there  some way I can get it up and running again?  Looking forward to your
 suggestions but please keep it simple as I have no engineering background.
Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

73, Alan - KB2HEI

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)