Clock needed for Heath

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 17 18:08:20 EDT 2009

Glen -

Most all of them are by now.

The motor seems to have been "unique" to say the least.  There are lots
of motors that are "identical" except they have a gear output and almost
always turn the wrong way.

Point of interest, the motor "can" be rebuilt.  Depending upon vintage,
the gearbox is either soldered or glued closed.  Solder wick or
desoldering tool can get most of the solder off, then heat the seam by
moving a large iron around while pulling on the drive pinion.  It will
come off, and there are no surprises inside such as springs etc.  The
various pinions shafts fit into holes, and it's easy to see the
arrangement once open.

Some failures are just dried up / hardened grease, and some have shorted
turn(s) in the coil.  I rewound one, but can't find my notes.  Not
difficult, just patience!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>