[AMRadio] You gotta LOVE IT

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 8 11:50:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Bob Peters <rwpeters at swbell.net> wrote:

> The U Verse cannot be close to any RF
> Environment.

Makes me glad they didn't offer it out here in the sticks at the new
place. We were initially stuck with Verizon dial up, phone, and
DirecTV until a couple months ago when Time Warner offered their new
bundled cable package. I'd given up on cable years ago, but it's
actually improved a lot and the Roadrunner internet connection is as
fast as the T1 line I used to have at work. Love it!

Best of all, they buried a large cable that looked like 1" hardline
from the roadside box to the house, so it's well-shielded. Even the
phone runs through the cable up to the main box inside, where the
original phone extensions are added to it. Only running 100 watts
right now, but so far - not so much as a squiggle on the TV. We'll see
what happens when the big rigs comes back online.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4