Identifying Newer Caps

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Wed Nov 25 19:28:54 EST 2009

I have a box of new doorknob caps with newer (cryptic to me) markings.

The working voltage is clearly marked but the capacitance is not.

One reads 282M

Another 5J

Another reads 50J

Another reads 30J

A bunch of them have the capacitance but not the working voltage.

Need a plate coupling cap for my 4-1000 amp I built in the early 90's
The coupling cap in their got fried years ago and is not readable as to
value. What is the suggested value/voltage for the coupling cap? Will be
  running around 5KV plate voltage. Want to get this back on for this
weekend's DX contest.

Tnx and 73,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector