Fw: Pitching deck landings - awesome

LEE BAHR pulsarxp at EMBARQMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 26 23:33:48 EDT 2010

You want to check out some footage, check this out!

Lee

        This is very unnerving, landing with deck pitching 30 feet, at night, low on fuel.  Incredible.  You will never forget viewing this.  I have seen a lot of aviation emails but the two videos below are undoubtedly the best.  Turn on your sound and go full screen.  I guarantee this will definitely hold your attention.

        These videos show the difference between Naval Aviation and any other kind.  The links below are two outstanding videos about F-18 carrier operations aboard the USS Nimitz during weather that causes a severely pitching deck, which you can see in the videos.  It's more dangerous than most combat missions and the tension in the pilots and crew is very apparent. Watch Part 1 first.  Great videos

        LANDING TERROR!

        Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 1  http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=4gGMI8d3vLs

        Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=S0yj70QbBzg