SP-600 Super Pro Question

Chris Kepus ckepus at COMCAST.NET
Fri Oct 29 00:20:46 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,
I saw this RX on eBay.  Must have been your listing.  Wondered what the
switch and subchassis was all about.  Didn't have time to post the question
to you.  I guess you don't know either. Hi Hi.

It will be interesting to find out what the critter does and if it worth
adding... I happen to have a JX-17 also...minus this unknown mod. :-)
Keep us posted.
73,
Chris
W7JPG

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of David Hollander
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:17 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SP-600 Super Pro Question

Hello - I have a Super Pro SP-600JX which as an addition which I am
guessing may have been a repair depot add-on.

Their is a switch in the lower left hand corner where the limiter switch
is on an unmodified unit. This switch is than wired to a 4 tube module
under the chassis.

The switch has the the following positions - off, AF Lim, Voice and CW.

Has anyone seen this mod before and if so what exactly is it?

Here are links to the three photos:

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sp600jx17.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sp600jx29.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sp600jx178.jpg

Tnx and 73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector