old masking tape

Bob Jackson bob at NOFROWNS.NET
Fri Oct 29 07:14:40 EDT 2010

Try a product called "Bestine". It's available in quart cans from places like Hobby Lobby and perhaps other craft stores. It's good for removing any non-water based adhesives.

It's not cheap (about $10-12 a can as I recall) and it evaporates very quickly so keep the cap tightly screwed on. It doesn't leave any residue.

Bob  AG5X
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Schrader
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
  Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:07 PM
  Subject: old masking tape

  I just got two NCX-5 vfo's and someone put masking tape all around the front bezels of both of them.

  This tape has long since dried out and become brittle. I have tried to remove with a heat gun, WD40, and alcohol but nothing will completely remove it or the adhesive.

  Amy suggestions would be appreciated.

  Thanks

  jack