[Boatanchors] Large 4.25 Henry Choke

Lewis C. Emerson lemerson at juno.com
Mon Feb 28 18:28:16 EST 2011

This is gettin' kinda overloaded.

I did find this, for what it's worth.

General Electric
7471984
Reactor/Inductor

I know Inductor, but Reactor?

Doc, W4ITJ

Please note: message attached

From: "Bry Carling" <bcarling at cfl.rr.com>
To: "boatanchors List" <boatanchors at puck.nether.net>,        "George Babits" <gbabits at custertel.net>
Subject: Re: [Boatanchors] Large 4.25 Henry Choke
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:16:49 -0500

-------------- next part --------------
The label is a little hard to read.  At first glance it looked like 445 amps,
but I knew that wasn't rght.  I just couldn't spot a DOT -  "."
anywhere on the faded label.

Now, I think I might see a faint "1" ahead of the 445A which would
make more sense... That is to say 1.445 Amps... Seem reasonable?
What a funny rating for them to use and be so specific. But then, it is G.E.
(grin!)

Bry, AF4K