[Boatanchors] Daka Ware Knob Polishing

Ben Loper brloper at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:45:01 EST 2011

I am in the process of restoring my Collins 75A-2 and after cleaning the
knobs they have come out matted. I remember the knobs as being shiny.  My
R-388 has very shiny knobs and I'm wondering how to get them back to that
state.  The finish on the R-388 is not polish, they look like they have
shiny varnish on them.  I don't really remember what the 75A-2 looked like
but I only washed them with dishwashing liquid.  They were dirty so and
dusty when I cleaned them.  Do I need to repaint them with a light coat of
varnish.  The 75A-2 was built in 1950 time frame and the R-388 was built in
1962. Is it possible they are made of different material.  Thanks Ben KJ4CC