[Boatanchors] FW: Gonset Fixed Frequency Communicator For Sale Cheap

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Wed Sep 7 10:56:35 EDT 2011

Hello everyone !

I have available a Gonset Fixed Frequency Communicator. It's another
restoration project I'll never get to,

This is a mystery transmitter-receiver to me.

It does not have a tunable receiver.  It's crystal controlled

The coils look about right for either 6 or 10 meters -- it has two crystals
in it, one marked 28.1, the other has only the fundamental frequency 15.362
on it. The 28.1 sounds appears to make it a 10 meter radio, but then again,
maybe not!

Would be good to put on either the 6 or the 10m AM calling/working
frequencies (whichever it is)!  There is no guarantee that it's a 10 meter
unit, however.  The frequency and model numbers on the front panel are so
faint I cannot read them.

All tubes that checked weak (none were shorted) have been replaced -- there
was one tube I couldn't check in my Hickok 600A, the 6360.

The pilot lamps are missing -- I'd replace them, but I don't know if they're
6.3 or 12.6 volt lamps.

And the vibrator is missing.  I think I have a 4 pin 12 volt vibrator that
might work, but a "vibrator eliminator" would be a better deal.

Someone has removed the loudspeaker from behind the front panel speaker
grill.

And I don't have a power cord for it, so I cannot "power it up." And I don't
have a mic for it.

Pictures are available.

If nobody wants it, it'll go to eBay.

First $10 plus shipping gets it.

What a really interesting old transmitter/receiver!

Mike/
K5MGR

Mike Langner
929 Alameda Road NW