[Boatanchors] AM 100 Watt Transmitter Designs

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 11:02:09 EST 2012

Great tip Vic. There may also be some articles on the web or in later years of the handbook...
,
There are a great many projects / articles described in other less-known magazines and web
groups too, such as  the "AM PRESS/ECHANGE" or "AMFONE,"  or "THE AM FORUM" and
"Electric Radio."  You can often find back issues of these magazines, and others - some of
which are becoming rare now. Consult Southeast AM Radio Club, and  SPARC - the "Society
for Presevrvation of AM Radio Club" for example.

You  can at least find a few pictures and anecdotes online maybe even a few detailed articles
(but not many - these web pages have a way of disappearing and THAT is where the
Wayback Machine comes in handy)- For example:

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php

Some great archives may be found here:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20040701000000*/http://amfone.net/index.htm

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?68278-AMFONE-Celebrating-8-years-of-service!

Get a copy of this PDF while you still can!
http://www.arizona-am.net/PHOENIX/NA7RH/6DQ5_Charlie_Pics_rev3.pdf

4-250A Homebrew AM Transmitter Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpYyj7QWHxw

Cathode modulator for use with linear amplifiers such as the SB200:
http://www.kc3ol.dynip.com/downloads/wa0zhh.jpg

KM5TZ Homebrew AM transmitter:
http://www.km5tz.com/HomebrewAM.htm

W5HRO Homebrew AM Transmitter video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cwBg9cSMfo

How to identify Modulation Transformers:
http://amfone.net/AMPX/108.html

Mike, W5RKL's Mixer-osc transmitter for AM:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=10090.0;wap2

Many other useful links here - warning some may be dead links!
http://www.af4k.com/Boatanchors_Directory/Amplitude_Modulation.htm

73 to you, Brian - and keep us up to date on how the project goes,

Bry AF4K