[Boatanchors] Small Tube-Type FM Transceiver?

GRG w5grg at w5grg.net
Sat Nov 29 19:39:29 EST 2014

I have 2 GE Handy portable radios , 4 channel, at least I think that is 
what they are called,
I think I can come up with some larger Motorola's w handsets also.
Thanks, George W5GRG, AFA6GG

On 11/29/2014 6:27 PM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
> Glen & Robert,
> 	That old gear isn't easy to find online - hardly a mention on
> my first Search.
> 	The Motorola/military SCR-300/BC-1000 low-vhf rig is neat
> http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/pdfs/scr300.pdf
> David KD4E
>> Glen, we called the H models "Railroad Units" as that's where they were
>> used originally in service.  I remember some came with the Bakelite
>> telephone handsets with a snap-in cradle.  Robert W4RL
>> On 11/29/2014 5:15 PM, Glen Zook via Boatanchors wrote:
>>> You are looking for something like the Motorola H21A- portable series
>>> or D21A- / D31A- mobile series equipment.  Those use miniature tubes
>>> except the higher powered mobile units use a 2E24 instant heating
>>> version of the 2E26.
>>> The "B" versions (i.e. D21BAM) have a solid state receiver and tube
>>> type transmitter.
>>> There were other units, manufactured by various manufacturers, but the
>>> Motorola equipment represented at least 80% of that type of equipment
>>> used during the 1950s. Glen, K9STH
>>>      I'm looking for something mobile/portable for 10m.
>>> Must be all-tube, OK if QRP, FM detector needs to
>>> be a true discriminator - not slope-tuned AM.
>>> OK if close to 10m but needing mods.
>>> Space-charge (12v plate voltage) or low-voltage design
>>> preferred - but OK if it requires usual tube voltages.
>>> 50's-era motorcycle or other commercial rig?
>>> Surplus military?
>>> Anything?

More information about the Boatanchors mailing list