[Boatanchors] Round Can Electrolytics

Bob Groh bob.groh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:32:13 EDT 2017

Larry, if these caps are used anywhere in the 'pulse' part of the
generator, they need to have some special characteristics (such as surge
impedance and other stuff).  If they are just part of the dc power supply
part of the 2101, then any electrolytic will do the job - other than the
fact that you need a can type of course.  For a can substitute, I might
suggest contacting Hayseed Hamfest at:
https://hayseedhamfest.com/pages/spiel

and present the problem to them.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY