[cisco-bba] PPPoVPDN scability

Andy Schutz (aschutz) aschutz at cisco.com
Wed Dec 10 20:15:15 EST 2003

Martin,

While I haven't tried this specifically, my guess is that you are
punting packets from the PXF path to the RP by using the tcp-adjust-mss
command.  The NSE1 is a pxf enabled platform and the subsequent scaling
claims are based on using the pxf for packet forwarding.  If you are
forced to use the RP (which is there for punted traffic that is control
plane oriented) as the forwarding plane, you can see a reduction in
performance.

I would suggest trying either with ATM instead of Ethernet so
tcp-adjust-mss isn't needed or trying with a non-PXF platform (NPE-G1
for example).

For verification that packets are getting punted, try "show pxf
accounting ..."

Cheers,

Andy