[cisco-bba] SSG / Radius Counters

Ash Garg ash at telstra.net
Wed Dec 17 19:41:02 EST 2003

Guys,

The counters seem to very different and vary per user... (I think, still
testing this theory).

Basically on the SSG there are three services (open garden, Free, General).
The General is the default route. So per user we get three accounting
records:

A) the user
B) the user and Free service (with QOS)
C) The user and General Service (without QOS)

1) The ppp keepalive are okay with me...I guessed this. However should the
type "A" accounting records should see these?

2) All the data is being sent/received from the General service. So there is
movement in the counters in the Type A and Type C records. The Type B record
counters always show zero as they are supposed to.

3) Nothing is being directed to the open garden as this is tied down to a
/32 website.

I check the debugs "debug ssg data" and there is no QOSing of the traffic
to/from the user through the General Service.

The difference is quite large, ie "Real" downloaded traffic is 400Meg but
the Radius counters in the Type C records and Type A records are very small,
around 8Meg. The session times (start/stop) are quite accurate though. I
have check a few times and we are not wrapping around the 32bit counters...

Thanks,
Ash