[cisco-bba] Replacing the Cisco 7206VXR - Juniper

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Thu Oct 18 09:22:48 EDT 2007

Wayne @ CTL wrote:
> A bit more info basically we have a bandwidth supplier on one side
> giving us 100mb and then a 3300 switch on the other connected to our
> servers and the router just routes the traffic to the bandwidth
> supplier, so we don't really need the cisco luxuries, just a reasonably
> priced, hard mean packets switching machine, good for 50mb+ throughput
> even with small packets.

You must have something seriously mis-configured.  I assume you mean a
NPE-G1 or NPE-G2 (not a "G4"), but I have NPE-G2's pushing several
hundred Mb of traffic of various size, including a TON of VoIP packets
with QoS and I don't experience the problems you seem to be having.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.