[cisco-bba] Help configuring 2 radius servers in PPPoe

Paul Cole paulcole at eti.net.gn
Thu Oct 8 15:11:45 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

Yes, we have different virtual templates.

I’ve tried this set up but can’t get it to work so far :

aaa group server radius eti

 server 192.168.0.190 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

!

aaa group server radius billing

 server 192.168.0.200 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

!

aaa authentication login local_auth local

aaa authentication ppp default none

aaa authentication ppp eti group eti

aaa authentication ppp billing group billing

aaa authorization exec default none

aaa authorization exec eti group eti

aaa authorization exec billing group billing

aaa authorization network default none

aaa authorization network eti group eti

aaa authorization network billing group billing

aaa accounting delay-start

aaa accounting update periodic 5

aaa accounting exec eti start-stop group eti

aaa accounting exec billing start-stop group billing

aaa accounting network eti start-stop group eti

aaa accounting network billing start-stop group billing

bba-group pppoe clients_billing

 virtual-template 100

 sessions per-mac limit 1

!

bba-group pppoe clients_pppoe

 virtual-template 200

 sessions per-mac limit 1

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

 no ip address

 ip route-cache flow

 load-interval 30

 duplex auto

 speed auto

 no cdp enable

!

interface FastEthernet0/0.55

 description interface Vlan des clients du billing

 encapsulation dot1Q 55

 pppoe enable group clients_billing

 no cdp enable

!

interface FastEthernet0/0.250

 description interface vlan des clients classiques

 encapsulation dot1Q 250

 ip address 172.20.20.1 255.255.255.0

 pppoe enable group clients_pppoe

 no cdp enable

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

 ip address 192.168.0.210 255.255.255.0

 ip route-cache flow

 load-interval 30

 duplex auto

 speed auto

!

interface Virtual-Template100

 description parametres connections clients billing

 mtu 1492

 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/1

 load-interval 30

 peer default ip address pool Pool1

 ppp authentication pap

 ppp authorization billing

 ppp accounting billing

!

interface Virtual-Template200

 description parametres connections clients pppoe classiques

 mtu 1492

 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/1

 load-interval 30

 peer default ip address pool etitest

 ppp authentication pap

 ppp authorization eti

 ppp accounting eti

!

radius-server attribute 44 include-in-access-req

radius-server attribute 8 include-in-access-req

radius-server attribute 32 include-in-access-req

radius-server host 192.168.0.190 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key hello

radius-server host 192.168.0.200 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key orange

I’ve tried this set up but the connection stucks at the LCP stage with this
error :

LCP: received AAA AUTHOR Response FAIL

Any hints ?

_____