[cisco-bba] 7204VXR vs ASR1001-x (as LNS / provider is LAC)

Bruce Technical brucetechnical at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:36:29 EST 2017

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback.

1- ASR1001-x need IP Advance licenses ($6k) and sessions licens (500 for
$5k and 4500 more for another $5k+). Do you need those for your setup?

2- Are there any licenses you have to buy for the 7204vxr series to be able
to do LNS/LAC or VRF and L2TP?

Side note: There are some Radius challenges apparently that the new ASR
will throw your way.

Cheers,