[cisco-nas] Unable to connect into AS5350 with some USB modems

Aaron Leonard Aaron at Cisco.COM
Thu Apr 1 11:47:48 EST 2004

Patrick,

I don't know anything about this MECER USB modem.  What I can say,
in general, is that when you replace one digital modem with another,
you will always find that there are A FEW client modems that had
been able to train, that are now no longer able to train.

One reason may be that the NextPort modems might support more
features than the TC modems - for example, the
TC modems do not support K56Flex/V.8bis.  So you might turn
off V.8bis (S53=0) and see what happens.  Did your TC modems
support V.92 Quick Connect and Modem on Hold?  If not, you might
try turning off V.92 (S29=6).

Another approach, rather than reconfiguring the NextPort modems,
might be to reconfigure the client modem.  I can't find any command
documentation on these MECER modems, but if they support the
+MS command, you might try putting +MS=V90 or +MS=V34 into their
extra settings.

Aaron

---