[cisco-nas] AS5350 E1 back to back

Aaron Leonard Aaron at Cisco.COM
Fri Jul 9 12:16:16 EDT 2004

Putting it all together - if you want to connect two AS5350s
back to back via an E1 port, then:

Layer 1: cable together with an E1 crossover cable (per the previous
post).  Configure the clocking with the dial-tdm-clock command
(per the CCO articl.e)

Layer 2: if the intended application is leased line style, then
use the "channel-group" command under the E1 controller configuration,
then configure the resulting serial interfaces as desired.

Layer 2: if the intended application is ISDN pri, then use the
"pri-group" command under the E1 controller configuration.  Under
the resulting serial x/y:15 D channel interfaces, configure both
sides as primary-net5.  One side needs to be network (isdn
protocol-emulate network) and the other user.

Aaron

---