[cisco-nas] Vs.: Large Scale dial-out

Mark Johnson mljohnso at cisco.com
Fri Nov 19 15:40:59 EST 2004

At 12:09 PM 11/19/2004 +0100, Arne Larsen wrote:

>Hi Folks.
>
>  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>
>Is there someone that can help me out here? I'm having trouble with Large
>Scale Dial-out on a 3640cisco router.
>
>I have installed a NM-card with 8 BRI-interfaces on the router.
>
>I'm downloading the static routes to the router via Radius, and using
>DNS-Dialing for looking up the phone number off the costumers.
>
>At the costumers premises there is an analog-modem device that is looking
>on the DMTF-tones that arrives on the PSTN-line, if the right calling
>number arrives the modem takes the call. There can be more than one device
>on each line, and it is here that I have to be able to control, which
>interface that the router selects when it is making an outgoing call.

Not sure I understand this; the first sentence makes it sound like this is
at the called side, while the second refers to the calling side.

>But what ever I try, I end up with that the router rotates on all
>ISDN-interfaces.

LSDO requires the use of a rotary group.  If you need to segment your physical
interfaces, you would have to do this arbitrarily by designing the floating
static routes to point to the different dialer rotary interfaces, which would
then have a subset of physical interfaces to dialout from.

A physical interface can only belong to one rotary group.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/fnsprt11/dafsdil.htm#1001641

>I have tried to user the Dialer-pool and Dialer pool-member parameters,
>but that seem to disable the DNS-dialing feature.

Dialer Profiles (dialer pool) are not allowed with LSDO; they are allowed
with L2TP dialout.  Is that what you are
doing?

mark