[cisco-nas] ISDN call problem

Mark Johnson mljohnso at cisco.com
Thu Sep 16 14:30:45 EDT 2004

At 01:57 PM 9/16/2004 +0300, Rivo Tahina RAZAFINDRATSIFA wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have an AS5350 Nas and have the following problem,
>
>analog modem can login but isdn can't.

I suspect there is an autoselect problem.

I would suggest you explicitly configure the interface for PPP
encapsulation, and autoselect for V.120 (assuming you need this
for V.120 remote devices that will not signal the call as a
V.120 call).  So:

interface Serial3/0:15
  ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
  no keepalive
  dialer idle-timeout 900
  dialer-group 1
  autodetect encapsulation v120
  no snmp trap link-status
  isdn switch-type primary-net5
  isdn incoming-voice modem
  no fair-queue
  no cdp enable
  ppp multilink                  ! if desired
  ppp authentication chap        ! or pap

There's really no need to use a dialer rotary group, unless you have
numerous PRI's that you want to configured similarly.  Otherwise,
everything can go under the physical PRI interface.

mark