[cisco-nas] AS5400 Config - modem-pool

jc jc at isnet.net
Thu Jul 21 13:43:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Lechlitner, David R wrote:

> OK.  I thought that may be the case and had already read thru the
> documentation which you gave the link to below.  Even after reviewing
> that doc, I'm still a little unclear as to how to accomplish exactly
> what I need.
>
> Would you or anybody like to take a shot at providing the config
> replacement to the 5800 config lines I noted in my original email?  It
> appears as though the RPM replacement is more complicated.

havent used rpm in years (after some crazy years with rpms), but if mem
serves correctly would be in the line of:

!
resource-pool enable
!
resource-pool profile customer test
  limit base-size all
  limit overflow-size 0
  dnis group speedfreaks
!
dialer dnis group speedfreaks
  number 5554567
  number 5551234
!

you can setup your profile according to your needs, quick look at your
config you might wanna look at the following to help you start...

cas2-rba(config)#dialer dnis group speedfreaks
cas2-rba(config-dnis-group)#?
Dialer DNIS Configuration Commands:
   call-type  set call-type override
   default    Set a command to its defaults
   exit       Exit from dialer configuration mode
   help       Description of the interactive help system
   no         Negate a command or set its defaults
   number     Enter number in DNIS group
   range      Enter a range of numbers in DNIS group

cas2(config-customer-profile)#?
Customer Profile Configuration Commands:
   default   Set a command to its defaults
   dnis      Assign DNIS group with this profile
   exit      Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
   help      Description of the interactive help system
   limit     Configure limits for the profile
   no        Negate a command or set its defaults
   resource  Assign resource and supported call-type
   source    Assign Template with this profile
   vpdn      Assign VPDN group/profile with this profile

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool call treatment discriminator ?
   busy                   Send busy code when discriminator rejects clid/dnis
   channel-not-available  Send channel not available code when discriminator rejects clid/dnis
   no-answer              Don't answer when discriminator rejects clid/dnis

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool profile service test
cas2-(config-service-profile)#?
Service Profile Configuration Commands:
   default  Set a command to its defaults
   exit     Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
   help     Description of the interactive help system
   modem    Configure modem service parameters
   no       Negate a command or set its defaults

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool group resource test
cas2-r(config-resource-group)#?
Resource Group Configuration Commands:
   default     Set a command to its defaults
   exit        Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
   help        Description of the interactive help system
   no          Negate a command or set its defaults
   pool-alloc  Resource pool allocation algorithm
   range       Configure range for resource

cas2-r(config-resource-group)#pool-alloc ?
   round-robin  Round Robin
   spread       Spread across all devices

cas2-r(config-resource-group)#range port ?
   <0-755>      First Modem TTY Number
   <slot/port>  First Slot/Port for Internal Modems

hth, if not cisco.com is your friend :)

j.