[nsp] 12.0(22)S experiences on 7200/7500?

David Sinn dsinn@microsoft.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:52:54 -0700

Here is the URL for the break down of supported and revision
requirements for PA's in VXR's:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/770/fn3028.shtml

If the configuration was working under a earlier version of IOS, the
newer IOS shouldn't break thing because of the HW rev.  (Unless Cisco
broke the HW rev. checking and is letting these cards enable during
boot!)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared Mauch [mailto:jared@puck.nether.net]=20
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 8:15 AM
To: Neil J. McRae
Cc: Andrew Partan; Gert Doering; cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [nsp] 12.0(22)S experiences on 7200/7500?

	Naah.. the PA-4E and PA-4T cards weren't problems.

	It was:

	Older rev HSSI PAs
	Older rev PA-8T-V.35
	All FDDI + Token Ring

	My understanding was the components used in
these older PAs were unable to operate at the higher clock rate
the PCI bus was to be operated at with the faster processors
reliably.

	- Jared

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:08:16PM +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> Andrew,
> I thought Cisco had announced that they wouldn't be=20
> supporting these cards in the VXR [along with FDDI [wow=20
> remember FDDI :-)] and token ring]]?
>=20
> Regards,
> Neil.