[[nsp] Possibly OT: Securing Syslog and SNMP.]

James Kilton kilton9@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:11:02 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, this eliminates some of the risk, but you're
still allowing traffic from non-firewalled border
routers to a "secure" management network in the
backend of the network.  This totally defies one of
the security paradigms that I've established on the
network which is "traffic initiated from the Internet
doesn't come in any further than the DMZs".

But, this is the best/only solution I'm seeing at this
point other than simply not monitoring backbone
devices.